At Pinnacle Orthocentre Hospital, we provide the best treatment for Bone tumors & cancer in Thane, India, with the latest technology. We have a dedicated team of bone cancer surgeons.
We’ve got the most recent technology and expertise to perform super technical surgical procedures for bone tumor surgery treatment in Thane. Our bone cancer treatment depends on evidence-based principles supplemented by engineering, study, and personalized attention. As part of the bone tumor direction, we also offer counseling services to help the healing procedure.
Bone and soft tissue tumor treatment are rare and can affect both children and adults. Orthopedic once the surgery is a sub-specialty of Orthopedic surgery, which deals with bone and soft tissue tumour management. Orthopedic oncosurgery deals with benign bone tumor management, malignant bone tumor, soft tissue tumor, and metastases to bones.
- Benign bone tumor: These include non-cancerous bone tumor. Common examples include Simple Bone Cyst, Aneurysmal Bone Cyst, Fibrous Dysplasia, Osteochondroma, Osteoid Osteoma, Chondroblastoma, Giant Cell Tumour.
- Malignant bone tumor: These include cancerous bone tumor. Common examples include Osteosarcoma, Chondrosarcoma, Ewing’s sarcoma.
- Soft Tissue tumor: These include primary cancers of connective tissue other than bone. Examples include rhabdomyosarcoma, liposarcoma, fibrosarcoma.
- Bone metastases: These are cancers of other organs that are secondarily spread to the bone. Common cancers that spread to bone include breast cancer, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, etc.
Each case of bone and soft tissue tumors undergoes initial work-up in the form of history, examination, plain radiographs, MRI, PET scan, and biopsy. In most cases, a biopsy is performed by a minimally invasive J needle biopsy technique. Once the diagnosis is established based on the above investigations, treatment is planned.
Treatment for bone tumor may consist of:
- Surgery: Surgery in bone and soft tissue tumors depends on the nature of cancer. In the most benign tumor, surgical treatment consists of simple excision (e.g., osteochondroma) or curettage (Simple Bone Cyst). In a selected benign tumor, minimally invasive techniques may be useful (e.g., Injection sclerotherapy in Aneurysmal Bone Cyst; Radio-frequency Ablation for osteoid osteoma). For malignant tumors, surgery may consist of limb salvage surgery or limb ablation surgery. Advanced limb salvage surgery techniques like mega-prosthesis reconstruction, Total bone replacement, Vascularised bone graft, Extra-corporeal bone irradiation, rotation-plasty, etc., are offered Pinnacle Orthocentre Hospital. Limb salvage surgery for soft tissue sarcomas, internal hemipelvectomies, en bloc resections of primary spinal tumors, and extended curettage of benign aggressive bone tumors are some of the other specialized surgeries performed.
At Pinnacle Orthocentre Hospital, bone tumor treatment is done by a multi-disciplinary team consisting of an Orthopedic Oncosurgeon, Medical Oncologist, Radio-therapist, Radiologist, and Pathologist to ensure optimal outcomes. The division is headed by senior Orthopaedic Onco-surgeon, Dr. Chetan Anchan.